TechServe Alliance Statement of Business Principles
In an effort to promote fair business practices, TechServe Alliance maintains a strong ethical code of conduct. In client and consultant interactions, our member companies adhere to a framework of ethical business practices.
From a commitment to equal opportunity, protecting the intellectual property of clients to honesty in communications, each TechServe Alliance member subscribes to the industry's most rigorous code of conduct.
TechServe Alliance members:
- DO adhere to the tenet of equal opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation or national origin.
- DO abide by all applicable international, federal, state and local laws with regard to the operation of their businesses.
- DO NOT engage in illegal restraint of trade, unfair competition or violation of anti-trust laws.
- DO promote free and fair competition among members.
- DO NOT defame clients, consultants or competitors.
- DO preserve all proprietary information relating to the business of their clients.
- DO actively avoid misrepresenting a consultant's skills or experience.
- DO NOT misrepresent a consultant's pay rate, contract terms, assignment duration, or other subjects pertinent to the business relationship.
- DO NOT have unreasonable non-competition clauses or unfairly prevent a consultant from pursuing other opportunities.
- DO refrain from soliciting employees of their own active clients.
- DO NOT induce consultants to breach or improperly interfere with a contractual relationship.
- DO have a clear policy for payment of consulting, marketing and recruiting personnel.
- DO comply with clients' established business practices including those policies relating to gifts and gratuities to client employees.